The New Hampshire Midwives Association (NHMA) is a group dedicated to the preservation and promotion of quality midwifery care and planned out-of-hospital birth across the state. Through the sharing of ideas, information and experiences, we strive to nurture understanding amongst our members, the public and medical community at large. We believe in a mother’s right to safe birth alternatives and support legislation which protects both a family’s rights and those of the professional birth attendant. By advocating for the advancement of midwifery care, we hope to not only positively affect our local communities but advance women’s health on a national and international level.
- support prepared out-of-hospital birth
- promote high standards of midwifery practice and care
- share ideas, information and experiences
- provide a forum for discussion
- promote understanding of midwifery among the general public and the medical community
- support legislation to preserve the option of safe birth alternatives and to protect the tradition and profession of midwifery
Membership with voting privileges is open to New Hampshire Certified Midwives. Associate membership (without voting privileges) is available to all apprentice midwives, birth assistants, doulas, practicing midwives, medical professionals and members of the general public who support the standard of practice of this organization.